Thursday, November 11, 2010

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave


Today, and everyday, I am thanful for those brave men and women who risk their lives to keep our great country safe, as well as for those who are left behind, loving and supporting them. One of my brothers is currently stationed in Afghanistan and this week has been a particulary rough week. I found myself choking up on my way in to work on more than one ocassion this week after listening to different commentaries about Veteran's Day and the War. Last week we were lucky enough to be able to talk to him and despite the fact that he was thousands of miles away, we laughed like we were sitting around my parents table. I held it together during our conversation and thought I was fine until I was praying with my husband. I was saying a prayer of thankfulness for being able to talk to him and his safety and just lost it. I look forward to the day when not just my brother but all of our men and women are home. We are a country that is truly blessed with their willingness to defend it. Thank you to all of our veterans.
what are you thankful for? Email me 5 things that you are thankful for at modernhousewife@yahoo.com I'd love to feature your list
image courtesy of

No comments:

Post a Comment