Monday, November 15, 2010

Comfort Friends


What thoughts (or maybe more importantly what smells) come to mind when you think of comfort foods - home made mac and cheese? peanut butter? ice cream? apple pie? freshly baked chocolate chip cookies? Whatever it is, we all have those things that we love to eat when we are upset, overwhelmed, cold, or exhausted at the end of a long day. We often crave them and when we eat them they never disappoint.


At the end of this great weekend, I am so thankful for our 'comfort friends'. We had our very best friends over and it was such a fun night. My husband and I are blessed with best friends who are also married to one another. They are our comfort friends - the ones who fly across the country to be in your wedding and spend the entire week getting to know your family and helping out, the ones who don't bat an eye if there's still folded laundry on the back of your couch, or judge at even the most embarrassing situations or stories, and who you jump from a serious conversation to laughing so hard you can't breathe in a matter of seconds, the ones where you watch a movie and at least two out of the four of you end up asleep on the couch, and as was the case on Saturday night, the ones who think that eating homemade pizza around the dinning room table is the best way to spend a double date. As I continue to reflect this week on things that I am thankful for, I am especially thankful for my fresh-out-of-the-oven-homemade-chocolate-cookies-best-friends
what are you thankful for? Email me 5 things you are thankful for at modernhousewife@yahoo.com - I'd love to feature your list

No comments:

Post a Comment