Monday, November 1, 2010

Give Thanks


As much as I try to reserve the weekends for playtime, Sundays have ended up as chore day lately and I've been ok with it. Yesterday, as I was trying to get through my massive to do list, I thought about how challenging it is (for me at least) to keep up with our house. It seems that no matter how much I do there is always laundry to be done and a few stubborn dishes that pop up in my sink. I was thinking about this while I was elbow deep in soapy water but then I began to think about how grateful that I am that it takes work because I am so blessed to have a home. I am thankful that I have all of that to do because this is a time when foreclosures and homelessness is a huge issue. Looking at it this way made the work go by a little bit faster and so I began to think. It is November 1. Thanksgiving is a mere 3 1/2 weeks ago. While it can be so much easier to complain, my entire attitude changes when I look at things that I am thankful for. Rather than waitinging until Turkey Day to give thanks I am going to write each day about something that I am thankful and start Thanksgiving Month. Today I am so thankful for my home and our ability to live here. What are you thankful for? Email me 5 things you're thankful for at modernhousewife@yahoo.com I'd love to feature your list

1 comment: