Saturday, February 27, 2010

I always feel like somebody's watching me . . .


In the past two years my husband and I have completely switched places with our driving records : he has not been pulled over or issued a ticket in 2 years and I have been stopped 4 times since moving to California! I am not a bad driver nor do I travel at excessive speeds (usually) and I have NEVER driven a car under the influence of anything. This morning I received a ticket from the 'automated enforcement program' (aka cameras that watch and video tape you) at a stoplight where one could turn on right red of me TURNING RIGHT ON RED. It provides you to a link that shows your video. It does not however tell me how much this ticket is going to be but I have heard horror stories. There are areas of San Diego that have these cameras on every stop light in a 5 block radius. The cameras themselves are very expensive and then are also manned by employees who sit in a room and watch these videos all day long. I need to do some research to see if these cameras are actually helpful or are mainly adding to the growing amount of debt our beautiful city is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment