Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And they call it puppy love . . .






I did not grow up with animals so until recently I never understood people's infatuation with their pets. About a year and a half ago we started talking about getting a dog. At first I really wanted to get a Yorkie but the prices were quite far out of our range and so I just kept on looking. I saw some advertising puppies for sale and the picture was so cute that we went to look at them. We fell absolutely in love and went back the next day to put a deposit. We had decided to get two because we both work and they could play together while we're gone ( we have a good size fenced in yard so that they can also be outside during the day)Aside from out house, these two little guys are the best investment we have ever made since we've been married. Their mom was a chow and their dad was a pug and they are just the sweetest things. While they are now too big for me to carry, my husband still carries them around our home like babies. He grew up with animals and is Dr. Doolittle when it comes to dogs. It is such fun to these two who are so affectionate and caring. They love to snuggle on the couch when I am doing school work, greet me in the morning with happy licks and trying to jump over one another while popping their heads up over the fence when they hear my car pull in. I now completely understand this thing called puppy love

1 comment: