Monday, April 5, 2010

Most Favorite Book Ever


We have mandatory silent reading every day at the end of second period - for 15 minutes before lunch. At the end of it one of my seniors came over and asked me what is my favorite book ever. He was done with the book he was reading and was looking for something else to read. His criteria: excitement and bad words. This made me stop to think: what is my favorite book ever? I have always loved to read - so much so that I don't generally read during the school year, with the exception of the books that I am teaching, because otherwise what is the only thing that I wasnt to do. I thought for a few minutes but I am sure that I missed about 100000 books - so many came to mind that I had to break them down into categories:

Favorite mystery: Where are the Children? by Mary Higgins Clark

Favorite Cheesy Love Story: The Notebook

Favorite Guilty Pleasure: The Twilight Series

Favorite author/book to recommend to students: The Outsiders/ S.E. Hinton

Favorite Christian author/books: C.S. Lewis - The Chronicles of Narnia, The Great Divorce, The Four Loves

My absolute favorite could read over and over never want to put down think that the characters are real LOVE is The Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery

What is your most favorite book ever?



1 comment:

  1. I need to read more CS Lewis!

    By the way, you just won my blog giveaway for the spray tan!

    Email me your addy at natalie at thebobbypin dot com!

    ReplyDelete