Sunday, April 11, 2010

Housekeeping 101


I wish that my house could clean itself. I love the feeling of coming home after a long day of work to a clean house but it often seems like there are just not enough hours in the day. The reality is that maintaining a clean house takes a lot of work. In an effort to be more organized and remain sane while working crazy hours I am going to try a weekly cleaning schedule so that by the time I make it to Saturday my house is clean and I have time to relax. This would be for the actual cleaning not the putting away/doing the dishes/maintenance/ picking up/daily use type of this, this is for cleaning. I'm going to start it tomorrow and see how it goes

Monday: Kitchen

Tuesday: Bathroom, living room, bedroom

Wednesday: Laundry, office, dining room

Thursday: bathroom, car

Friday: dust, sweep, mop


Next weekend I will reevaluate and see how this worked. Added bonus to this week is that my husband is on his 5 days off at the end of the week and he is really good at cleaning and organizing. Any suggestions on maintaining sanity and a clean house while working 65+ hours per week? I'd love to hear what works for you

No comments:

Post a Comment