Saturday, March 13, 2010

Back in the Saddle . . .or uh treadmill

My excercise routine seems to go in spurts (my husband seems to think that I always turn it about a month before a trip back to see my fam hmmmm) and I've fallen off for the past 2 months. After working the past few weeks at getting back into good eating habbits I am determined to start back at the gym this week. About a month ago I started waitressing a few nights a week at a trendy restaurant downtown. I always hesitate to mention this to people because my reasons for doing this are not the usual that people assume: my husband is back on the night shift at work and so he is done several nights out of the week so I thought that this would be a productive use of my time. I work for a charter school and it's not the most stable place to work right now so while finances are not an issue right now, this is providing me with a peace of mind incase something does happen at our school plus a little extra cash is always nice for future endeavors! Anyways, I have notice small changes in myself just from the constant movement of being on my feet for several hours at work and I know that I will feel even better after reestablishing my workout routine. While I really enjoy my job at the restaurant (I am a genuine fan of the hospitality business) the later nights are causing me to hit the snooze a few more times before getting up for school. My goal for this week is to do some type of physical activity 5 times this week - whether at the gym or in our workout area here at home. So, here we go . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment